Monday 28 February 2011

Day Fifty

Monday AGAIN! And I think my cat has cystitis again :( She has been in and out of her litter tray loads, there is litter all over my flat (like last time she had it) and I caught her sitting in the 'wee' position on my sofa this morning! She hadn't done anything (think she is having trouble going?!) but I told her NO! and she jumped off, so I put a couple of blankets over my sofa this morning and am waiting for 9am so I can phone the vets...

6.30am Breakfast
Natural yoghurt, mixed nuts and linseeds with a Mug of Green Tea.

8.30am Pot of Green Tea

10.00am Snack
Granny Smith apple.

Pancake Day next week, so I decided to look for a low carb pancake recipe :)

Oooo I found one...


Wow! I never thought low-carb pancakes could be so delicious! These were absolutely amazing! I used a bit of sugar-free maple-flavoured syrup on them and was in Heaven!

This recipe is courtesy of Laura Dolson's Low Carb Diets site at About.com.

- 1 cup almond flour (= "almond meal" / "ground almonds" -- all the same thing)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder (not in the original recipe but it was suggested by someone who reviewed the recipe as a way to make the pancakes puffier - and it worked...)
- 1 tbsp low-carb sweetener (i.e. Splenda)

Cook them in the usual fashion. This makes three large pancakes or six smaller ones. Just know that they won't bubble on top in the pan like "regular" pancakes do.

Simply put, these are the best pancakes I've ever had.

There are six net carbs in the entire batch.



YUM!!! :D I'm assuming I can use Splenda instead of sugar and there can't be many carbs in lemon juice?


11.30am Pot of Green Tea


12.30pm Lunch
Prawn Mayo salad, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, celery






18.40pm Dinner
Rump steak with mushrooms, lettuce, cucumber, tomato and celery sticks with Primula





I didn't do any exercise except for carting planks of wood from the boot of my car to the wood bin at the Household Waste Site after work! My arms were killing me from the Charlie Brooks DVD workouts at the weekend! The cat is booked in at the vets for 16.50pm tomorrow, so I will try and at least get 15minutes in of either Wii Fitness Coach or the Wii Fit after we get back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Weightloss ticker for 2012

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter