Wednesday 23 February 2011

Day Fourty Five

I have just realised that I am only 1lb heavier than I was at my brother's wedding last year!!! :) HOW GOOD IS THAT?!! Its only February too! At this rate I should be able to enjoy a good few pasties in Cornwall in June as well as one hell of a lot of Cornish Rattler Cider! Ohhhh YES!!! :D Last year in Cornwall I only put on 3lbs (over 2 weeks) and I had a Cornish pasty nearly every day and drunk a good few pints of cider in the evening. We did do a lot of walking on the long beaches though which probably helped to burn the pasties and booze off ;) I can't remember if it took 1 or 2 weeks to lose that 3lbs again, I remember it coming off quite quick. I was trying to keep to the lower carb options when we had meals too (except the pasties of course!), so I'll try and do that again this year :)

Philp's Pasties, Best in Cornwall - FACT
A Philps Pasty

6.30am Breakfast
Natural yoghurt with mixed nuts and linseeds and a Mug of Green Tea

8.20am Pot of Green Tea

9.50am Snack
Granny Smith apple.

10.30 am Pot of Green Tea

I was told at the weekend that there is no point in dieting like I am, all I need to do is watch what I eat and cut down portion sizes! I find following the low carb way of life much easier than trying not to cook too much portion-wise! Living alone it is hard to cook for one person without cooking too much! I think that is one of the reasons that I put the weight back on! If I had cooked too much, I tended to go back for seconds as the food was there to eat (or would most likely been thrown away, and I hate waste!!) When I used to order a Chinese takeaway, I'd get a mixture of dishes so I get a nice variety on my plate, and I used to eat half one day, then save the rest for the following day. So that would be two days on the trott of naughty food. I don't think it helps that the Chinese takeaway is a 2 minute walk from my flat either!! ;P When I have reached my goal, I think its time I got me a MAN!! lol He can have the bigger portions on his plate then! ;)

12.30pm Lunch
Chicken Mayo salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomato and spring onion.



Just read this:

One of the benefits of outdoor exercise is that your body burns more calories in the cold even when at rest! Dr Dukan, founder of the Dukan dieting method, advises taking a cold shower for 2 minutes every day – just standing there is enough to burn 100 calories!


Cold shower???? Brrrr....

And this:

Geeta Sidhu-Rob, founder of Nosh Detox confides that sticking to a 6:30pm food cut-off for only one week will help you lose weight. “If you eat before 6.30pm for a week you will lose between 1 and 2 lbs. a night – it never fails! Go to sleep early to stave off hunger pangs, or watch a good DVD.”

Maybe that helps my weight loss then? As I rarely eat after 6.30pm :)


13.40pm Pot of Green Tea


16.45pm Snack
One Slice of salami filled with Primula cheese. (my belly was rumbling)





18.00pm Dinner
Turkey stirfry (kind of) with mushrooms, half a red onion, an orange pepper, a few spring onions, cauliflower, garlic and some of that Thai sweet chilli sauce for flavouring. With a mug of Green Tea.






I forgot to add my exercise on earlier. When I got in from work I did 15 minutes of the Wii Fitness Coach Cardio section and then I did its Physical Challenge (You have to do that after every 10 workouts), which involves a load of star jumps, 50 squats, some push ups and sit ups. It also asks you to enter your weight and all your measurements (waist, hips, thigh etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weightloss ticker for 2012

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter