Sunday 27 February 2011

Day Fourty Nine

Not sure how much longer I can do the whole 'I'm not drinking because I'm dieting' thing!!! Might do some research on what alcoholic beverage has the least amount of carbs. Any ideas?


9.30am Breakfast
Scrambled egg and plummed tinned tomatoes with a mug of Green Tea




I still have two photos to frame and a lounge unit to build today so I'd better put a plaster on my blister that I got yesterday from using my screwdrivers so I can crack on with it! Better do a trip to the dump at some point too, but it might be easier loading my car up tonight and then taking it to the dump tomorrow after work.

13.30pm Lunch
Prawn Mayo salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, celery and celery sticks with Primula cheese.





Just done about 40 minutes of the Charlie Brooks DVD, I am actually doing a lot more of the Pilates section now! Yey me!! :) Couldn't do long today as need to have a wash etc before heading off to my Mum's for a roast. Minus the carbs of course! :( I'll try and remember to take a photo this time...

I had 2 mugs of Green Tea round my Mum's.


18.30pm Dinner
Roast chicken, cabbage, Brussels, stuffing and gravy with a glass of water.







Oh My God!!!! I googled carbs in alcohol and there are zero carbs in distilled vodka, rum, whiskey etc!!! Plus diet coke is zero carbs!! - I can get drunk!! Wooo :)

"Fermented beverages, by definition, start as a high-carb plant, usually grapes or a grain. During the fermentation process, the yeasts eat up the carbohydrates, producing alcohol. Whatever sugars are left contributes to the carbohydrate in the beverage, which will vary from one to another. A dry wine has little residual sugar, whereas a sweet wine can have quite a bit. Liqueurs have sugar added, often quite a lot.

Distilled spirits (vodka, rum, whiskey, etc.) have nothing left but the alcohol, so are zero carb. However, mixers are often sugary, so watch for this. Just two ounces (1/4 cup) of “sweet and sour mix,” often used for whiskey sours, daiquiris and margaritas, has 17 grams of carbohydrate."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Weightloss ticker for 2012

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter