Tuesday 8 March 2011

Day Fifty Eight

6.30am Breakfast
Natural yoghurt, linseeds and mixed nuts with a mug of Green Tea.

Its Pancake Day! Woo!! The low carb pancake recipe that my brother is going to make for me tonight:

- 1 cup almond flour (= "almond meal" / "ground almonds" -- all the same thing)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder (not in the original recipe but it was suggested by someone who reviewed the recipe as a way to make the pancakes puffier - and it worked...)
- 1 tbsp low-carb sweetener (i.e. Splenda)

Cook them in the usual fashion. This makes three large pancakes or six smaller ones. Just know that they won't bubble on top in the pan like "regular" pancakes do.

There are six net carbs in the entire batch.


I am really hoping that they don't taste of marzipan because of the almonds!!

8.30am Pot of Green Tea

8.45am Snack
One orange (I had no apples left and didn't know :()

10.45am Pot of Green Tea

12.30pm Lunch
Chicken Mayo Salad, lettuce, cucumber and tomato.



Today is WEIGH DAY!!!! :/
Well, thinking back on the week, the only bad bad thing I had was the bacardi and diet cokes and the nacho starter. The tortilla wraps I had on Friday with Camembert cheese and on Saturday morning (It was lush though) for breakfast maybe have been a bit bad! Still feeling a bit bloated even though the Senokot worked, but don't think it worked fully! lol As with last week I am hoping for at least a 1lb loss :) I am still well on target for the wedding date, so all good! :)

I don't think I will have much time for exercise with the cat's appointment at the vets and going to my parent's for pancakes, but I'll try and fit some wii fit exercises in :)

Just over a week until my next monthly weight-loss image! I hope there will be a more noticeable difference now compared to the last one! If I lose 1lb there will be a whole stone difference between the 2 images and nearly double the loss of the last image!!

14.30pm Pot of Green Tea


I did about 15 minutes on the Wii fit as that was all I had time for before the trip to the vets. I beat my top score on Step Plus though :)






And the result of today's weigh-in is..... 1lb loss!! That's 20lbs now :) I was worried I had put on weight due to the naughties!








17.40pm Dinner
Left overs from Sunday, turkey with cheese in leek sauce.






20.15pm low carb pancakes




 

I had a mug of Green Tea with my pancakes too. So, what did I think of the pancakes? They were okay... not quite the same as normal pancakes, but they didn't taste of marzipan and were quite filling, I had the 2 pancakes pictured above with lemon and canderel instead of Splenda as my brother said they had splenda, but they had canderel instead! (doofus!!) He also halved the mixture as no one else wanted pancakes made out of ground almonds! LOL







No comments:

Post a Comment

Weightloss ticker for 2012

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter