Saturday 7 January 2012

Trying new recipes today

For breakfast I had a cheese and onion omelette. It was pretty filling!!



Then I decided to try the crepes recipe for lunch with Philadelphia and a spring onion:


The recipe said to use butter to fry the crepes, I only had Flora Light spread, so this is what happened to my first crepe:

  
 Here are 4 small successful crepes with one chopped spring onion and some Philadelphia cheese :)I have saved half of the crepe mixture in the fridge to maybe have for lunch tomorrow :)


Just to prove how small they are:


I will try the swede rosti recipe for dinner, I have already taken out a couple of value pork chops from the freezer to go with my rostis for dinner.

So, I followed the recipe I posted the other day for swede rostis, here they are before entering the frying pan (apologies for the odd yellow glow in the following photos, I think it has something to do with the kitchen light bulb):


Here they are in the frying pan. Going well so far...


But then they started to fall apart :( Not sure if I had used too much swede, but I only used half of what I had (I have 2 more in the fridge for tomorrow). Maybe I should have used an extra egg yolk? I might google it and see if I can fix the 2 I have saved for tomorrow.


They still tasted nice though, sort of resembling Bubble & Squeak in the end, but they were yummy.I had a quick google and some recipes say to get rid of all the liquid before frying, so I might try drying them a bit on some kitchen roll tomorrow. I am thinking of swede rosti and sausages for breakfast :D

Total carbs for the day 15g and 894 net calories as I burnt 268 calories on the Wii Your Shape today. That really hurt my knees today, especially doing the squats! My knees kept clicking all the time too! I think I am getting old! lol :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weightloss ticker for 2012

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter