Wednesday 11 January 2012

Feeling full after my first Curry Club

God! I asked the question on MFP to see what low carb foods I could eat to increase my calorie intake showing my 5 day calorie and carbs figures:

Day 1 - 17g carbs | 981 Net cals
Day 2 - 18g carbs | 703 Net cals 
Day 3 - 15g carbs | 894 Net cals 
Day 4 - 22g carbs | 795 Net cals 
Day 5 - 19g carbs | 672 Net cals

and received loads of negative feedback from Low Carb diet haters! One said I shouldn't eat so few calories unless I am anorexic! ME?! ANOREXIC????? Thats the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!! If I was anorexic, I wouldn't be asking for advice on how to increase my calorie intake in the first place!

There were others saying that 50% of your diet should be carbs and that cutting out carbs isn't healthy etc etc. Maybe they should try a low carb way of life and then comment on it?! I does ACTUALLY work! I am living proof :P

The non haters advised that I ate more fat and protein. Some had said to have avocado as a snack and some suggested nuts. So, me buying 2 bags of pork scratchings last night was probably a move in the right direction :) I also had someone say that I didn't really need to calorie count on Low Carb and there were a couple of people in the same boat as me and struggling to hit there recommended daily calorie intake.

Pub Original Pork Scratchings
Oh, I forgot to add in yesterdays post, the Chicken Tikka dish did come with a side salad :) I also saw a waiter working in there that I know from the Curry House I normally go to with my family, so I knew it would be a good Curry House ;) and it was!!

So, the scales said I am 5lbs down, I do feel slimmer than I did last week but I don't feel anywhere as slim as I did last July and that is only 6lbs lighter, maybe I am just used to be this sort of size now, or maybe its because muscles weigh more than fat?! I'll have to go by my measurements as well as my weight to know when I am slimmer than last July I guess.

Total carbs: 25g, net calories: 824, exercise: 616 calories burnt :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weightloss ticker for 2012

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter