Wednesday 26 January 2011

Day Seventeen

I am feeling as if I shouldn't have skipped a workout last night as I am feeling a tad bloated today. Might be from all the blue cheese I have eaten lately though? I brought a rack of ribs last night, so will look for some low carb pork ribs recipe ideas today :) - Nothing with blue cheese though lol


6.30am Breakfast
Natural yoghurt with blueberries, linseeds and a mug of Green Tea.


8.15am Pot of Green Tea


After searching the net for an easy ribs recipe, it looks like I will have to have ribs tomorrow as instead of being a quick under the grill food, it appears they need to be slowly cooked to make the meat tender. I have posted the recipe that I will use tomorrow, I will have to try and find some kind of low carb sauce for the ribs before grilling as I don't have any. Luckily I have that chilli in the freezer that I froze the other week to have instead :)


Pork Ribs Recipe

Things You'll Need:  

  • 2 1/2-lb. slab of baby back ribs 
  • Dry meat rub 
  • 4-qt. or 5-qt. slow cooker 
  • Barbecue sauce 
  • Broiler 
  • Cutting board 
  • Sharp knife

Coat the surface area of the ribs with a dry meat rub of your choice. Ensure that all of the meat is covered, and then roll the ribs up and put them into the slow cooker.

Put the lid on the slow cooker, and set the heat to low. Allow the ribs to cook undisturbed for 9 to 10 hours.

Remove the ribs from the slow cooker. Lift them out slowly and gently, as the meat should be falling off the bone.

Brush the meaty side of the ribs with a barbecue sauce of your choice. Choose a flavor that complements the flavor of the meat rub for best results. 

Lay the ribs across a broiler rack, meat side up. Set the broiler to high, and allow the ribs to cook for 7 to 8 minutes. If a broiler is not available, the ribs can be seared, meat side up, on a gas grill set to high heat for 7 to 8 minutes.

Remove the ribs from the broiler or grill, and place them on a cutting board. Carve the ribs with a sharp knife, and serve immediately.

12.30pm Lunch

Cheese Salad again with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, cheddar cheese, celery and the lowest carb salad dressing that I could find on the shelf! Tesco's Healthy Eating French Dressing.

Day Seventeen's Lunch
I did 30 minutes on my Wii Fitness Coach when I got in from work; the cardio workout and think I pulled something in my lower back, I have a hot water bottle on it at the moment.

18.00pm Dinner

Chilli con carne with grated cheddar cheese.


2 comments:

  1. Looks sooooo good - thanks!
    Now I know how to cook these myself.
    What about LoCarb BBQ sauce?
    Any faves of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I copied this recipe from an American website and they seem to be able to buy bottles of Low Carb BBQ sauce over there. I did see a lot of recipes for a Low Carb sauce that you can make yourself while I was browsing, (Google Low carb barbeque sauce and I'm sure you'll find loads!) I was hoping to find a nice cheap low carb sauce option to use on these ribs tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Weightloss ticker for 2012

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter