Wednesday 29 February 2012

Oooo smoothies!

I have asked a few of my fellow low carbers for breakfast ideas and one person suggested frozen berry smoothies! - Sounds yum! So I have had a search on the net and found this site:
http://www.natures-health-foods.com/smoothie.html obviously I'd have to adjust a few ingredients to limit carb content.

Here are a few I can do:


Blueberry Smoothie 
A very berry-licious breakfast or snack.
Servings: 1

Ingredients;
1 c. skim milk
1 c. frozen unsweetened blueberries
1 Tbs. cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil (MUFA)

Directions;
Place milk and frozen unsweetened blueberries in blender and blend for 1 minute.
Transfer to glass, and stir in flaxseed oil.
Very yummy!


Vanilla Yogurt and Blueberry Smoothie
A berry sweet and satisfying snack
Servings: 1

Ingredients;
1 c. skim or soy milk
6 oz. (80-calorie) vanilla yogurt
1 c. fresh blueberries
1 Tbs. flaxseed oil (MUFA)
Handful of ice OR 1 cup frozen blueberries

Directions;
Combine milk, yogurt, and fresh blueberries plus ice OR frozen blueberries in a blender.
Blend for 1 minute, transfer to a glass, and stir in flaxseed oil.

Nutritional Info Per Serving
360 calories

This site is quite helpful too as it says how many carbs are in what fruits: http://www.antioxidants-for-health-and-longevity.com/low-carb-smoothie-recipes.html

Damn! I actually really fancy a smoothie now! I have no room in my tiny freezer compartment though as I filled it up last night! D'oh!

I contacted the seller of my HRM and they told me to try resetting the HRM and if that didn't work thet would replace it. You can read about it and see what it did to my fingers here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/StephRP80/view/resetting-my-hrm-219376 - OUCHY!!

Dinner. Rump steak and rocket salad with fried mushrooms and onion




Total carbs: 22g, net calories: 1174, calories burnt: 90

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weightloss ticker for 2012

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter