Monday 21 November 2011

Special K vs Low Carb diet

Well, the Special K diet was the complete opposite of the Low Carb diet that I have been following all year! With Special K the diet was full of carbs and all about eating cereal and a low calorie evening meal leaving me feeling bloated from all the carbs! It obviously works in its own way as part of a calorie controlled diet but I felt like there was far too much sugar in this diet as my body is used to hardly any carbs or sugar! I will now have to do the 2 week induction part of the Low Carb diet as I expect my body will be craving sugars again!

I went for a pub meal on Saturday after having a cheese omelette for breakfast and a toasted teacake for an early lunch (tut tut I know! lol) The pub meal was chilli con carne with rice and tortilla chips, obviously there were a lot of carbs in that meal but it was quite a low calorie (under 600 kcal). Then on Sunday I was feeling pretty rough from all the alcohol I consumed that I threw up my lunch so I won't count that in my daily intake! lol Then I had 2 chicken drumsticks and 2 chicken thighs with broccoli. Total carbs 10g!!

Back to my normal routine of yoghurt for breakfast and mini babybel and mini pepperami for snacks, prawn mayo salad for lunch and the chicken I had last night was from a quite big pack of chicken drumsticks and thighs for £3! - BARGAIN! So I will probably have chicken and salad this evening, keeping my carb intake to under 20g.

Carb intake for Sunday. So much less than on the Special K diet! :)

I won't be blogging my food every day, I might just do a round up every few days or once a week to let you know if I lose any more inches. I was told on Saturday night by Smithy, one of my friends that I was getting skinny again and not to go silly and lose any more weight! LOL! I guess the couple of inches (well, just under) I lost does show then? I reassured him that I didn't want to be skinny and I still wasn't as small as I was when I was a bridesmaid for my brother but I have 2 Christmases this year so I wanted to make sure I lost weight before putting more weight on! :)

My food diary can be viewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/StephRP80
I can't change my daily carb allowance so ignore how many it says for my goal and just look at the amount I have had! :) If I lose the few more cm so that I am the same as I was at my smallest in July, I might start weighing myself again. With my fitness pal I can get a badge or ticker for my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weightloss ticker for 2012

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter